Subject: Manual Key Fob Learn Method
2010 - 2011 Saab 9-5
2011 - 2012 Saab 9-4x
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
A customer or dealer may need to learn a new key fob to a 2010 Saab 9-5 and not have access to TIS2WEB or the tools are in use on another vehicle. The following manual learn method can be used to add a new FOB to the car in this situation. This method DOES NOT invalidate old FOBs, so any FOBs that may have been lost or stolen will still operate the car.
•To initiate, this procedure requires that 1 learned key be available.
• A total of 8 keys may be learned to a single vehicle.
• This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys.
• The keys to be learned must duplicate the mechanical cut of the current key.
1. Place the recognized key(s) in the vehicle cup holder.
2. Insert the mechanical key of the new transmitter into the key lock cylinder located on the outside of the driver door and turn the key to the unlock position five times within ten seconds. The Driver Information Center (DIC) will display Ready For Remote #2, 3, 4 or 5.
Note: The key pocket is located inside the center console storage area next to the cup holder. The fob needs to be fully inserted into the pocket. If a large key ring or other obstruction prevents the fob from being fully inserted into the pocket it must be removed. Failure to position the key fully into the pocket will result in an inability to program.
3. Place the new key into the key pocket.
4. Press the ignition mode switch. When the key is learned the DIC will indicate that it is ready to program the next key.
5. Remove the key from the key pocket and press the unlock button. To program additional transmitters, repeat Steps 3 through 5.
6. When all additional transmitters are programmed, press and hold the ignition mode switch for 5 seconds to exit programming mode.