Hello from the UK

For Saab-lovers who can't speak Estonian. Anonymous posting currently not allowed due to spammers
Vasta
Orca

N Jaan 06, 2005 18:57

Hi everyone ... I'm the owner and maintainer of the SAAB 900 (1979-1994) Special Editions website. I happened across your forums when I was investigating referrals to my website in my server logs ... I'd love to know what you were talking about here ;)

I'm afraid I cannot speak or write a single word of Estonian, so Cyber was kind enough to create an account for me to introduce myself. Aljoga, Part & Cyber have all recently posted on 900 Aero Forums ... which I where I "met" them.

Anyway, I'm from the UK (I live "Up North") and drive a 1989 900 T8 Special. This is a bit like the T8 Aero that a couple of people here have got, except this model did not have the Aero side skirts as standard. We got the whaletail, sunroof reflector, air vent covers and a rear decor panel. See here for a few pictures of the T8 Special. Mine is the white one :cool:

It's my third SAAB now, I owned a 1988 T8 and a 1985 900i before. Performance? I have had the engine stripped and re-build at about 100,000 miles and the gearbox re-build then. That in itself made it feal faster :) I run an uprated APC unit which is set to F=330, P=25K and gives quite an aggressive spool up to 0.85 bar peak stable boost through the rev range. I used to run a higher setting, but that killed my gearbox ... I'm going a little easier on it for now :( I'm going to fit a 3" downpipe, mating to a 2.5" exhaust soon - I already have the "Carlsson" exhaust system which is 2.25" and had the twin tailpipes until they rusted off :( I'm hoping that will give me a nice round figure of maybe 175 BHP? I reckon the APC settings give me about 165 BHP, maybe 170? Once I have the new exhaust, the shallow turbo elbow and done a little tune-up I'll get it on the rolling road and see what she puts out:)

Anyway, nice to meet you guys ...
Cyber
Täiesti Mõttetu Mölaööbik
Auto: 9000 '96, V70 '03
Kontakt:

N Jaan 06, 2005 21:23

Welcome... you happen to be the first user from abroad..:) (as long as I know. Those who work abroad don't count..:))
To see what our guys and gals drive you can check here.
Feel free to post all your questions here, I'm sure they will be answered.
[Kaarel]: Ka pealtnäha süütu vikatiga memm kuskil tee ääres võib olla Aero omanik...
Pilt
Orca

N Jaan 06, 2005 22:19

Thanks Cyber ... okay, first question ...

How do I say "hello" (formal), "hi" (informal) & "yo!" (very informal)?

Second ...

How do I say "goodbye" (formal), "bye" (informal) & "see ya later" (very informal)?
Cyber
Kontakt:

N Jaan 06, 2005 22:56

hello-> 'Tere', can be used in every occasion formal or not. If you want to be very formal then 'Tere hommikust/ päevast/ õhtust' ->'Good morning/ day/ evening'. For very informal just 'hei', 'yo', or something along that.
Goodbye-> 'head aega', see you later->'nägemiseni' or 'nägudeni' (very informal)
'you have a cool SAAB' -> 'sul on lahe SAAB'..:)
[Kaarel]: Ka pealtnäha süütu vikatiga memm kuskil tee ääres võib olla Aero omanik...
Pilt
Kasutaja avatar
aljoga
klassiker
Auto: Rootsi raud, aga mitte SAAB

N Jaan 06, 2005 22:58

hi Orca & welcome to saabnet.ee forum :beer:
it`s very nice to see, that Saab enthusiasts all over the world communicate with each other and doesn`t have any problems or hesitations by such activity.

your website is very useful, cause I don`t know any other website presenting Saab`s special editions that specific as yours. we were discussing about Saab`s "Finlandia" model and then Cyber linked us your website, where we could find some more spec information about this edition.
Algselt postitas: Orca
I'm the owner and maintainer of the SAAB 900 (1979-1994) Special Editions website. I happened across your forums when I was investigating referrals to my website in my server logs ... I'd love to know what you were talking about here ;)

nice T8 you have :cool: when you have the new exhaust etc, please do get on the road with other Saab guys from UK and roll to Estonia to meet us. and then sell your rear decor panel to me ;)
Anyway, I'm from the UK (I like "Up North") and drive a 1989 900 T8 Special...Once I have the new exhaust, the shallow turbo elbow and done a little tune-up I'll get it on the rolling road and see what she puts out.

"hello" (formal) = "tere"; "hi" (informal) = "hei"; "yo" (very informal) = "tsau" (comes from italianos "ciao" :P)
"goodbye" (formal) = "nägemist"; "bye" (informal) = "head aega"; "see ya later" (very informal) = again "tsau" or "davai" (Russian)
EDIT: sry, while I was writing my post, Cyber already translated to you.
How do I say...

PS: we hope to post a new thread to 900Aero.com forum about Estonian fans and their cars very soon
Anonymous

L Veebr 05, 2005 16:49

Hej everyone, I've made some updates to the Special Editions website. Enjoy ;)
tog

K Aug 16, 2006 20:09

Algselt postitas: Anonymous
?

As far I know, these drugs are useless to treat saabism. Currently, only some palliative treatment consisting in driving and owning a SAAB is available.

This looks like a spam.
EDIT: so, the spam was removed meanwhile
Orca

E Aug 21, 2006 22:30

Hi again to my Estonian SAAB friends!

It's done, at last. My SAAB 900 (1989 T8 Special) has had a respray and some replacement body panels.

Here's what an Orca looks like after a little surgery ...

Pilt
She certainly shiny!

Pilt
White grille to match the car ... and the wheels!

Pilt
... in all her splendour :)

Pilt
Cirrus White Super Inca wheels :notworthy:

Pilt
"Arty" shot of the vent cover.

Needless to say, I'm pleased as punch and keep driving past buildings with mirrored glass :drive:
Cyber
Kontakt:

T Aug 22, 2006 11:02

Nice rusty screw there..;)

Anyway, nice to see you again. Already wondered, where are you hiding. You have been quite silent on 900aero also,

I wish I had some time and resources (mostly resources) to do the same to my car...
Pilt
Orca

T Aug 22, 2006 12:41

Thanks Cyber - I'm going to have to do something about those screws. I'd not noticed how bad they look, but a number of people have pointed them out as bad. I'll get them sorted.
saabu
Auto:
Kontakt:

T Aug 22, 2006 12:48

nice car!!!certanly love those inca wheels;)

edit:oops sorry i type too fast so i make errors:red:well the errrors fixed now!
Vasta